Helen Yu, Esq.
Helen Yu Leseberg, the principal attorney at Yu Leseberg, is first and foremost an advocate of artists, songwriters, producers, and creative talent in the entertainment industry.
Decades of experience have made Ms. Yu Leseberg a noted authority on entertainment business strategies and contract negotiation. This background, combined with a keen instinct and expansive contact base, have made Ms. Yu Leseberg a skilled navigator of the challenges and nuances faced by artists in the 21st century. In response to these rapidly changing waters, Ms. Yu Leseberg's focus has expanded to include brand marketing, technological innovation, worldwide publishing, lucrative licensing deals, and merchandising. In 2014, under Ms. Yu Leseberg’s leadership, Yu Leseberg negotiated and lawyered more charting singles on the Billboard Hot 100 and Hot R & B 100 than any other law firm in the entertainment industry.
In 2000, Ms. Yu Leseberg founded North Hudson Music, LLC, a finely-curated music publishing administration company. NHM assists songwriters in collecting royalties for their works throughout the world, and includes copyrights of songs performed by Justin Timberlake, The Black Eyed Peas, Mary J. Blige, Busta Ryhmes, Christina Milian, Britney Spears, Janet Jackson, will.iam, Fergie, P. Diddy, The Pussycat Dolls, Junior Mafia, Armand Van Helden, Tupac, Robin Thicke, Estelle, YG, and many others.
A Los Angeles native, Ms. Yu Leseberg began her love of music at the ripe age of 5 by learning to play keyboards. She recorded her first album in high school at Westlake Studios, and spent her teen years interning at the indie tastemaker Enigma Records. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Speech Communication from Cal State Northridge, where she promoted live shows locally in conjunction with the famed KCSN. She received her Juris Doctor from Whittier College in 1993 graduating with Honors. Ms. Yu Leseberg and worked in private practice at a well known Los Angeles entertainment law firm. She subsequently practiced in-house at Virgin Records and Sony Pictures Entertainment Group throughout the 1990s. In 1999, she founded the Los Angeles entertainment firm - Yu Leseberg, A Professional Law Corporation.
Helen Yu Leseberg has handled legal transactions for the following clients:
- Members of The Black Eyed Peas
- Printz Board: Grammy Award-winning musician, recording artist, producer, and songwriter
- Keith Harris: Grammy Award-winning record producer, songwriter and musician
- George Pajon: Gramy Award-winning guitarist, songwriter and record producer
- Audiobot: music producer (LMFAO, will.i.am)
- DJ Mustard: record producer, songwriter and DJ
- YG: rapper and hip hop recording artist
- Ty Dolla $ign: hip hop and R&B recording artist
- Wade Robson: dancer and choreographer (So You Think You Can Dance, The Wade Robson Project, Britney Spears, *NSYNC)
- Members of The Black Eyed Peas
- David Guetta: DJ, record producer, and remixer
- Laidback Luke: DJ and producer
- Paul Oakenfold: record producer and DJ
- Dave Lombardo: drummer and co-founding member of Slayer
- Verdine White of Earth Wind & Fire
- Joan Sebastian: singer-songwriter, most awarded Mexican performer in Grammy history
- Solomon Burke: Grammy-Award winning vocalist and recording artist, No. 89 on Rolling Stone’s 2008 list of "100 Greatest Singers of All Time."
- Lamont Dozier: Motown songwriter, arranger, and record producer, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee
- The Estate of Marc Bolan and T. Rex
- The Transcenders: Grammy Awared-nominated music scoring and production team
- Gary Richards/Destructo: music executive, concert promoter, DJ, founder and CEO of HARD Events
- Edward “E-Dub” Rios and Khool Aid: music executives and radio hosts
- TLC’s – Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins
- Scott Tournet: founding member and guitarist of Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, engineer
- Bas: rapper and songwriter signed to J. Cole’s Dreamville Records
- Mike Free: record producer and songwriter
- Snoop Dogg: rapper, recording artist and entrepreneur
- Abi Ann: singer and songwriter, named 2014’s “Country Songwriter of the Year” by Indie Music Channel